Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Woo Hoo... Gong Xi Fa Cai.....!!

Time flies so fast..another new year had arrived. Rooster year.....!! Here i want to wish you all Happy Chinese New Year!! 恭喜发财。。万事如意。。国泰平安。。。身体健康!!

Anyway, today (chinese new year's eve) was the busiest day in my holiday. My parents got to wake up early in the morning to collect the barbeque pork (xiu yok) from the market. I heard from them that the marker was packed (yeah... preparing for Chinese new year's eve reunion dinner and also for praying.) Around 8:00am, my dad woke me up to help my mom preparing dishes, fruits and tea. Hehhee... not bad..at least i remember how to arrange the fruits. Today, it's the day when my mom busy prepare hainanese chicken rice, hainanese chicken, barbeque pork, barbeque fish, mixed vegetable, fu yong egg with vegetarian shark fin and soup. I can see how busy my mom was in the kitchen.

As for my dad, he arrange all those joss stick (in set) and joss paper. YEah.. i can say that chinese new year's eve was the busiest day. As for me and my bro, we two just received order from both of them especially my mom. Around 11:00am, all food and praying stuff ready.

Around 1:00pm, finally got to eat my mom's hainanese dishes. Yum yum....i can't wait to go back penang becuz every year on the 2nd day of chinese new year, my grandma will make poh pia (spring roll) which is the favourite dish or i can say popular dish.

Then around 5pm, i helped my dad to pack ang pao (red packet). hehehe... i kept on asked him why this person got this amount, why that person got that amont. A lot of why this and that? My..i dunno how my dad can stand. Thank god, he didn't scold me (hehehe...). The funniest part..(never miss..popular question every year) my dad will ask me which ang pao i want to pack my ang pao's money. hehehe..... then i'll choose those quite traditional or special design red packet.

Around 8pm, my uncle and his family came over to my place to have reunion dinner. It was great. My aunt..was like..: " wah ah ji (my mom).. u sure busy from mornin till now." Then i said :" Ma..thank god you got daughter like me ho.... helped you from mornin till now." My mom nodded her head (too busy to answer my question.... hehehe..). Anyway, the dinner was great. Finally, my family got to rest and wore new pajamas... (wee heee...) . Penang here i come....(i miss penang's food..)

(Episode 1: Eileen's Chinese New Year...)

1 Comments:

At 3:33 AM, Blogger april yim said...

WHEN IS EPISODE 2???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home